Maastricht is chosen to host the symposium because it is centrally located in Europe and a gateway to all three organising countries. For more information about Maastricht or the MECC Maastricht please check the websites: www.vvvmaastricht.nl or www.mecc.nl.
Maastricht has its own airport (the Maastricht-Aachen Airport) and several national and international airports are located near Maastricht. You can find all information about these airports and about travelling by train and car at the bottom of this page.
We can offer you a quick and easy way to travel from your airport to the MECC Maastricht, by using the airport shuttle service from the MECC Hotel Services.
You can book this shuttle service online. From € 40.00 excluding VAT a luxury shuttle bus is waiting for you at Brussels airport or Düsseldorf airport. You can also use the shuttle service from other airports, please use the link for more information and prices. And if you prefer more privacy, you can also reserve a private taxi.
The MECC also has their own train station and bus station. The train station is called Maastricht-Randwyck and located 250 meters from the MECC. This station is connected to an international railway network and there is also a regular line to the Maastricht Central Station. From the center of Maastricht, a bus leaves every 5 minutes to go to the MECC Maastricht. This bus station is called: Forum.
The address of MECC Maastricht (main entrance)
Forum 100, 6229 GV, Maastricht
- Maastricht-Aachen Airport (10 km) – 15 to 20 minutes by car and 30 minutes by bus.
- Liege Airport (30 km) – 45 minutes by car and 1 hour and 45 minutes by train. You can take a bus from the airport to the trainstation: Liége Guillemins.
- Eindhoven Airport (90 km) – 1 hour and 15 minutes by car and 2 to 2,5 hours by train. From the airport there is a shuttlebus to the train station Eindhoven.
Cologne-Bonn Airport (100 km) – 1 hour and 15 minutes by car and 2,5 hours by train.
- Düsseldorf Weeze Airport (100 km) – 2 hours by car and 3 hours by train. There is a shuttlebus form the airport to the trainstation Düsseldorf Weeze.
- Düsseldorf International Airport (112 km) – 1 hour and 15 minutes by car and 3 hours by train.
- Brussels Zaventem Airport (100 km) – 1 hour and 30 minutes by car and 2 hours by train.
- Brussels South Airport (Charleroi) (102 km) – 2 hours by car and 3 hours and 30 minutes by train.
- Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport (220 km) – 2 hours by car and 2 hours and 45 minutes by train.
- Eurostar: the Eurostar from London Waterloo to Brussels takes 2 hours and transfer in Brussels to Liège-Maastricht. The trip takes roughly 4 hours.
- Thalys: the Thalys from Paris to Brussels takes 1 hour and 20 minutes and transfer in Brussels to Liège-Maastricht. Or take the Thalys from Paris to Liège, it takes 3 hours.
- Maasticht has an excellent link to several European motorways. It is located on the A2 motorway at the junction of E25 (Amsterdam-Brussels) and A79 (Liège-Aachen/Cologne). The MECC Maastricht is located just off the E25/A2. Take the exit Randwyck/MECC/AZM and follow the signs to MECC Maastricht or MECC Parking.