Maastricht is chosen to host the symposium because it is centrally located in Europe and a gateway to all three organising countries. For more information about Maastricht or the MECC Maastricht please check the websites: www.vvvmaastricht.nl or www.mecc.nl.
Maastricht has its own airport (the Maastricht-Aachen Airport) and several national and international airports are located near Maastricht. The MECC also has their own trainstation and busstation. The trainstation is called Maastricht-Randwyck and located 250 meters from the MECC. This station is connected to an international railway network and there is also a regular line to the Maastricht Central Station. From the center of Maastricht, a bus leaves every 5 minutes to go to the MECC Maastricht. This busstation is called: Forum.
The address of MECC Maastricht (main entrance)
- Forum 100, 6229 GV, Maastricht
- Maastricht-Aachen Airport (10 km) – 15 to 20 minutes by car and 30 minutes by bus.
- Liege Airport (30 km) – 45 minutes by car and 1 hour and 45 minutes by train. You can take a bus from the airport to the trainstation: Liége Guillemins.
- Eindhoven Airport (90 km) – 1 hour and 15 minutes by car and 2 to 2,5 hours by train. From the airport there is a shuttlebus to the trainstation Eindhoven.
Cologne-Bonn Airport (100 km) – 1 hour and 15 minutes by car and 2,5 hours by train.
- Düsseldorf Weeze Airport (100 km) – 2 hours by car and 3 hours by train. There is a shuttlebus form the airport to the trainstation Düsseldorf Weeze.
- Düsseldorf International Airport (112 km) – 1 hour and 15 minutes by car and 3 hours by train.
- Brussels Zaventem Airport (100 km) – 1 hour and 30 minutes by car and 2 hours by train.
- Brussels South Airport (Charleroi) (102 km) – 2 hours by car and 3 hours and 30 minutes by train.
- Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport (220 km) – 2 hours by car and 2 hours and 45 minutes by train.
- Eurostar: the Eurostar from London Waterloo to Brussels takes 2 hours and transfer in Brussels to Liège-Maastricht. The trip takes roughly 4 hours.
- Thalys: the Thalys from Paris to Brussels takes 1 hour and 20 minutes and transfer in Brussels to Liège-Maastricht. Or take the Thalys from Paris to Liège, it takes 3 hours.
- Maasticht has an excellent link to several European motorways. It is located on the A2 motorway at the junction of E25 (Amsterdam-Brussels) and A79 (Liège-Aachen/Cologne). The MECC Maastricht is located just off the E25/A2. Take the exit Randwyck/MECC/AZM and follow the signs to MECC Maastricht or MECC Parking.